This role can either be remote or based in our Copenhagen office.
We are looking for a qualified medical expert (MD, PharmD, PhD, or MS degree in medical field) who is also a writer. This is a perfect position for a medical writer who wants to collaborate with creatives and help guide the use of medical data and information to produce innovative and creative medical communications.
Fundamentally, the role is about finding the correct data and research and creating source content in a format that our medical marketing writer and graphic designers can use to develop highly engaging, effective, and compliant medical communications. The Medical Writer would support the team in creating content in a variety of formats (infographics, videos, emails, web pages, etc.), that is aimed at a variety of audiences, from specialists to patients.
The role is part technical writer, part medical consultant, but in the context of a digital advertising agency, where the output can be highly creative, and collaboration with creative team members is key.
You are an experienced medical writer with a medical education and, possibly, experience as a healthcare practitioner.
A collaborative attitude, an ability to manage referencing and write clear, grammatically correct medical copy for a wide variety of audiences are, of course, fundamental to the role.
But beyond this, you are completely comfortable interpreting clinical data and research, making decisions about the most relevant data to present for any given communications task and presenting it in a way that is easy to understand by the audience –whether they be specialists, general practitioners or patients and caregivers (with the help of the marketing copywriter).
You have deep understanding of the medical, legal, and regulatory challenges within medical communications and an ability to quickly get a sense for what will pass review in any given geography or client organization – fully understanding the principles of on-label communication, guidelines, fair balance, branded vs. unbranded communications and more.
You have experience in a wide array of therapeutic areas and an ability to getup-to-speed rapidly on any that are unfamiliar. You also like to keep current on medical advances – keeping an eye out for new developments, trends, important studies and new or updated regulatory requirements.
You are a strategic communicator. You go beyond simply presenting medical information and ensure the content you create supports a defined communications strategy.
You are comfortable being the medical expert, not purely as a writer, but as a consultant and collaborator with clients, strategists, medical marketing writers, graphic designers and more – helping the whole team create accurate and compelling medical communication that is compliant.
Finally, you are comfortable working in a digital advertising agency environment, where your role will not be writing clinical study reports or medical publications, it will be to interpret content such as this and to collaborate with designers and marketing writers to create content that will be presented in the form of infographics, social media posts, short emails, online articles with interactive charts and more.
• Proactively monitor developments – innovations, publications, guidelines updates etc. – in specific therapeutic areas that Vertic is working in.
• Become the ‘go-to’ expert on the therapeutic areas that Vertic is working in as well as other fundamental principles such as compliance and referencing.
• Create source content and references for medical marketing writer and designers in a format they need (within provided templates), managing referencing and assuming accountability for accuracy of work.
• Be actively involved in the preparation of interview guides for the production of videos featuring HCPs, patients and caregivers as well as provide support during the shoot.
• Review output (web pages, emails, video scripts, infographics etc.) for accuracy and compliance, and provide feedback and suggestions for improvement.
• Keep track of client revisions and help ensure the team is always working with the latest approved source copy.
• Work with the client to define a list of key messages for use in communications, that is both compliant and aligned to their strategic goals. Own the list, running meetings with client and other stakeholders, keeping it updated over time.
• Fully understand the eventual output formats of each piece of communication (infographic, email, web page etc.) and develop source content within templates for medical marketing writers and designers to be able to easily adapt technical content into creative output.
• Help graphic designers to present data in the best way possible – proactively advising them to help them improve on the graphs and charts from studies in a way
• Experienced-level senior medical writer. An MD, PharmD, PhD, or MS degree in a medical science related field.
• Experience as a healthcare practitioner is a plus
• Proven medical writing experience (5+years), preferably with some experience working in the medical marketing industry
• Fluency in English (oral and written) is a requirement
Vertic is an independent, digital agency with offices in Copenhagen and New York. Our purpose is to enable meaningful experiences that earn share of life.
We create campaigns and websites for our clients who are some of the world’s largest healthcare, industrial, and B2B technology brands.
We are looking for someone who is excited to become an integral part of our organization, can support our healthcare team with expertise and our clients with great medical content, and has a desire to contribute to Vertic’s entire value chain and culture.
• An opportunity to either work remotely or in a dynamic and international workplace in the center of Copenhagen
• A place on a high-performing team of curious nerds where ambition and fun go hand-in-hand
• The chance to apply your competencies by working with some of the most impactful companies in the world
• The freedom and autonomy to contribute in shaping, improving and innovating the medical content services at Vertic
• Collaboration with the entire value chain of Vertic services including strategy, marketing copywriting and creative
Please email your resume and application to email@example.com and include “Senior Project Manager Application - Copenhagen” in the subject line.
Please email your resume and link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Senior Digital Designer Application” in the subject line.